- All of the cool kids have blogged about it already, so let me just add that I had a great time at the Filipino ReaderCon last week! Our “Fifty Shades of Grey” discussion went well, thank God, and it was nice to see so many readers in one place!
- The National Book Development Board also released their latest survey on the state of reading in the country. I haven’t perused it yet, but will be writing about it for the paper! (Source)
- National Book Store is bringing Canada-based Filipino writer Jennifer Hillier here to the country! She’s set to do a talk and a book singing at the Powerbooks at Greenbelt 4. (Source)
- A long, long time ago, when I wrote a review about “I Am Number Four“, I linked to an article from the New Yorker about James Frey’s “fiction factory”. However, it would seem that “The Rise of Nine” is no longer following that particular model. (Source)
- Anyone who knows me knows that I love me some “The Lord of the Rings”. And that I also love me a lot of other authors. What better way to ring those two things together than with alternative author’s versions of “The Lord of the Rings”? I particularly liked the D. H. Lawrence one. (Source)
- io9 has some really great samples from Scott Westerfeld and Keith Thompson’s “Manual of Aeronautics”! I am still waiting with bated breath for a copy to show up at my local National Book Store. (Source)
- In case you guys didn’t know, Superman and Wonder Woman are now officially a couple. I thought they were already doing it before! (Source)
- While I still haven’t gotten around to reading “Catching Fire”, I do know that Finnick Odair gets all the ladies and the boys who like boys all hot under the collar and stuff. And I do have to say that Sam Claflin — who has just been cast as Odair in the movie adaptation — is certainly doing that for me. What do you guys think? Pictures under the cut!
Continue reading Your week in books#34
I’m a twentysomething who loves reading books, whether they’re good or bad. I started out stealing books; now I review them.