- Any Jonathan Safran Foer fans? Here’s the trailer for the movie adaptation of his second novel, “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close”. I liked the book, even if some parts were a little gimmicky, but this trailer kind of looks “meh” to me.
- Other big news over the week: Amazon’s announcement regarding its new line of Kindle devices. Any of you interested in getting either the eInk Kindle, the Kindle Touch, the Kindle Touch 3G or the $199 Kindle Fire tablet? (Source 1, Source 2)
- I used to read “Asterix” comics when I was a little Bosconian. Today I found out that I am old enough to remember when both of the creators of “Asterix” were still around. (Source)
- Guy steals Kingsley Amis, James Joyce, and T.S. Eliot manuscripts to get psychological help in prison. I’d say mission accomplished. Or something (Source)
- Over the past week, one thing that got the comic book blogs buzzing was the reboots of Starfire and Catwoman from the DC comics universe. Several fans objected to the objectification (no pun intended) both the female characters underwent in their reboots. As I am not a regular DC reader, would anyone care to comment if the objections do have merit? Because from what I’ve seen it really seems that they do. (Source 1, Source 2, Source 3, Source 4)
- Finally, under the cut you’ll find some of the character posters from the new “The Three Musketeers” adaptation.
So last week, Summit Entertainment came out with its first trailer for Paul Anderson’s “The Three Musketeers IN 3D” (Emphasis mine) and it looks like a right mess. Slow motion musketeering (That is totally a legit word, shut up), Milla Jovovich’s Lady de Winter being all Alice from Resident Evil in the wrong era, and A FLYING SHIP. I mean, WAT EVEN.
If it weren’t for the fact that Orlando Bloom is in it, I wouldn’t even be mildly interested. I may watch it on October 14.
And as it turns out, it’s not the only book to movie adaptation coming out in the following months. Twelve book to movie adaptations are coming out this year, and I thought it would be fun to take a look at all of them and see which one is going to crush your book reading experience forever.
Continue reading Book to movie EXTRAVAGANZA!