It’s been a while since we’ve had one of these things!
- Of course, the biggest thing happening in the country this March — at least for fans of YA — is the upcoming visit by bestselling author Lauren Oliver. She’ll be signing books at the Powerbooks at Greenbelt 4 on March 25, 3 p.m. And, five fans may even get to have lunch with her! Details are over at National Book Store’s Facebook page. (Source)
- Lauren Oliver isn’t the only person that National Book Store is bringing over! As reported by Comic Book Resources, Mark Millar will also be visiting the country in May! (Source)
- The University of the Philippines is also holding a month-long book sale in celebration of its 47th anniversary! All UP Press titles, bestsellers, and new releases will be sold at a 20 percent discount, and all consigned titles at a 5 percent discount. The book sale runs from March 1 – 31, 2012. The UP Press bookstore is located at E. de los Santos Street, UP Campus, Diliman, Quezon City and is open from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 12:00 noon and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- A book blog by the Guardian ponders on what effect the increasing popularity of book trailers has on the books themselves. (Source)
- Batman is named the greatest comic book hero. Of the top 10 heroes listed, Wonder Woman is the only…woman. (Source)
- After facing protests from a group called “One Million Moms”, Life with Archie #16 — featuring the interracial gay marriage of character Kevin Keller — flies off the bookshelves. (Source)
- The New York Times has a really interesting story on The Physical Archive of the Internet Arhive, which seeks to “collect one copy of every book.” (Source)